From Cleveland and points northeast
It is approximately a four hour drive from Cleveland to Athens.
- Take I-77 S toward Marietta, Ohio.
- Take Exit 6 from I-77; it is marked “Lower Salem & Marietta” and “OH-821 S.” At the off-ramp stop sign, turn right, following the sign “to OH-7 South.” OH-821 S runs along parallel to I-77 in the direction you were headed.
- Take OH-821 until it deadends at a traffic light; turn left onto OH-60 S.
- Take OH-60 S another couple of miles into Marietta, straight through several traffic lights. Turn right at a traffic light at OH-7.
- Take OH-7 S; proceed over the bridge and then along the Ohio River, toward Belpre, Ohio.
- Stay on OH-7 as it joins US-50 W and OH-32 W at Belpre (across the Ohio River from Parkersburg, WV). Once you reach Belpre, you have about 45 minutes still to go.
- Stay on US-50 W all the way up the Hocking River valley to the city of Athens. US-50 W and OH-7 split along the way; you will exit to the right and follow US-50 W to Athens.
- Continue on US-50 W to Exit 17 for OH-682 N. Turn right at the first traffic light, onto Richland Avenue, to cross the Hocking River and enter the Ohio University campus.
- At the first traffic light, turn right onto S. Green Drive. (Peden Stadium will be on your right and the Convocation Center will be on your left).
- At the next intersection, just past the stadium, turn left onto Oxbow Trail. (On your left when you make this turn is a parking lot that has in it metered spaces that are available for public use).
- Follow Oxbow Trail to the Baker University Center (on your right).
To avoid ticketing or towing, do not park in University parking without the proper permit. Details on parking.