From Columbus and points northwest
It is approximately a 1 1/2 hour drive from Columbus to Athens.
- Take I-270 around Columbus, OH, to the southeast “corner”.
- Take Exit 46 B to US-33 East. Follow US-33 E for approximately 68 miles from I-270 to get to Athens.
- Continue to follow US-33 E after it joins US-50 W in Athens. DO NOT exit at the first OH-682 exit (for “The Plains”). This is about 7 miles northwest of Athens.
- Take Exit 17 onto OH-682 N. Turn right at the first traffic light, onto Richland Avenue, to cross the Hocking River and enter the Ohio University campus.
- At the first traffic light, turn right onto S. Green Drive. (Peden Stadium will be on your right and the Convocation Center will be on your left).
- At the next intersection, just past the stadium, turn left onto Oxbow Trail. (On your left when you make this turn is a parking lot that has in it metered spaces that are available for public use).
- Follow Oxbow Trail to the Baker University Center (on your right).
To avoid ticketing or towing, do not park in University parking without the proper permit. Details on parking.