Below are some frequently asked questions about The Baker Center and our work. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes! You may have known us as our previous name, Judge Baker Children's Center. As of May 2022, we have officially rebranded as The Baker Center for Children & Families.
The Baker Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the mental and behavioral health of children and supporting their families.
With a legacy of over 100 years of service, The Baker Center aims to uplift children by providing a wide range of programs and services to meet the needs of the communities we service.
The Baker Center provides resources for children, adolescents, and young adults (ages 2-22), as well as their parents, caregivers, and other family members.
We also provide education and training for mental health trainees, licensed professionals, schools, clinics, and other organizations.
We offer a broad range of services to meet each need of a child with mental health challenges. This includes:
- Camp Baker, a therapeutic summer camp for kids with ADHD
- Center for Effective Therapy, an outpatient mental health treatment clinic with locations in Boston and Waltham
- Manville School, a special education school for students who have struggled in previous educational settings
- Next Step, a college prep program for teens with autism or other social learning conditions
- The Massachusetts Child Abuse Emergency Line, an after-hours emergency response system
- The Evidence-based Policy Insitute, which promotes advocacy and progressive policy initiatives
- Professional Training to ensure quality mental health care
- Quality Care Initiative, which aims to work collaboratively with families, schools, and more to improve the quality of care
New England Association of Child Welfare Commissioners and Directors (NEACWCD), which provides child welfare resources
At our clinics, we accept Blue Cross Blue Shield and Tufts Health Public Plans*.
*Please note, as of 4/1/23 we accept only the following Tufts Public Plans: Tufts Health Together MCO, Tufts Health Together with UMASS Memorial Health ACO, and Tufts Health Together with CHA ACO, Tufts Health Direct, Tufts Health RITogether, and Tufts Health Unify.
Throughout the year we hold many different community events, including fundraising events, training events, and more. To attend an event, visit our events page or sign up for our email list.
Our organization and programs are run by a highly experienced and passionate team of mental health professionals. You can view our senior leadership team by clicking here.
In addition, our Board of Trustees is made up of a team of both professionals and parents with lived experience caring for a child with a mental health challenge.
There are multiple ways to stay connected with The Baker Center including: