What To Bring
What To Bring
Camp Baker is a very active place, and the majority of our activities take place outside. So being properly prepared every day is essential. Each day campers should:
- Be dressed in appropriate clothing for play and weather, including sneakers and a hat.
- Please come to camp wearing your swimsuit each day and bring a change of clothes to keep at camp.
- It’s ok to bring sandals for swimming, but kids must wear sneakers during the rest of the day.
- Apply sunscreen SPF 30 or higher each morning, and bring your own sunscreen so we can reapply.
- Apply insect repellent with DEET each morning, and bring your own to reapply. Parents are strongly advised to check for ticks every day.
- Bring a backpack to hold their items, kids will bring homework and daily reports home in their backpacks.
- A small, cooler-type lunch box filled with a morning and afternoon snack, and a healthy, hearty lunch.
- Refillable water bottle with ice and cold water.
- Swimsuit and towel every day, and goggles and swim cap, if desired.
- Bring medication in the prescription bottle. Staff will store medication in a locked, secure box and administer at the times provided in the medication order.
What Not To Bring
If any of these items are brought to camp, the Associate Director will keep them throughout the session and return them to the camper’s family. Bringing any of the first two items will result in the camper’s immediate dismissal.
- Weapons of any kind: pocket knives, fireworks, lighters, or matches etc.
- Tobacco products, alcohol, illegal and recreational drugs
- Valuable items are not recommended. Camp Baker will not be responsible for lost or broken items.
- Pets or other animals.
- Sports equipment, like bats, sticks, bows, or other items that require specialized training for safe use.
- Outdoor equipment such as bicycles, kayaks, climbing gear, or other equipment.
- Electronic Devices